The Fairs App Broadcast Standards & Standards
Last Update 1/22/2016
General Content Considerations
These Broadcast Standards and Practices shall be followed when reviewing advertising content (where applicable), including Videos, Photos, Verbiage, etc.:
- Ads Directed at Children: Advertising aimed directly at children under the age of 12 will be in compliance with the guidelines of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit.
- Branding / Product Placement: Standards & Practices monitors the use of prominently placed product placement, logos, product branding and other signage in entertainment programming for appropriateness.
- Content Rating: Display is required for all MPAA and ESRB rated products. Content rated PG-13 or R by the MPAA requires prior written approval from FA.
- Disclaimers: At the discretion of Standards & Practices, disclaimers and advisories may be necessary when viewers require additional information about the content and/or proceed to utilize various functionality on the FA Software.
- Personal Data: In an effort to protect persons and places featured in programming, personal data such as addresses, driver’s license information, Social Security numbers, phone numbers and credit cards must be obscured or edited.
- Promotions: Promotions awarding services, goods or tangible products or money require prior written approval from the parties.
The following are specific areas that are generally considered to be unacceptable content for videos, photos or written information intended to be displayed on the FA Application.
- Nudity / Revealing Clothing: Nudity or revealing clothing and the display of undergarments is not appropriate.
- Sexual Reference: Depiction of sexual activity, sexual gestures, symbolic sexual references, sexual dialogue, pornography of any kind or sexual innuendo is not acceptable.
- Violence: Realistic violence, including descriptive dialogue and/or gestures that allude to violence against people, animals, authority figures, or one self is unacceptable. With the youngest viewer in mind, the use of gun visuals are highly restricted and requires prior written approval from FA.
- Language: Strong language, including offensive slang, suggestive dialogue, innuendo, and double entendre is not acceptable. Also, the hand gestures that represent various offensive words are not permitted. Words of questionable taste are not acceptable. Mild language such as “Hell” and “damn” may also be considered inappropriate based on context, frequency, and proximity; references are determined appropriate on a case-by case basis and require prior written approval from FA.
- Drugs: Illegal drugs, drug use, drug paraphernalia, symbolic gestures that may refer to drug use or the symbols that represent illegal drugs are not acceptable.
- Gambling / Lottery: Commercial content promoting gambling is not permitted. Lottery advertisements are highly restricted and require prior written approval from FA.
- Religion / Sacrilege: Content is strictly evaluated with sensitivity towards the religious beliefs, views, and diversity of the largest possible audience. Blasphemy, mockery, aggression or irreverence towards religious institutions or the icons and symbols that represent them is not acceptable. Symbols of the Occult, such as 666, Satan, pentagrams, etc., are not acceptable content.
- Disparaging or Demeaning: Content that may be considered offensive, demeaning and/or hurtful to a particular individual or group of people is not acceptable. Content will not contain negative stereotypes or demeaning images/dialogue that exploit or objectify based on gender, race or disability.
- Gross or Tasteless: Images, dialogue or overall themes that may be considered insensitive, crude, irreverent, or shocking are not acceptable.
- Anti-Social Behavior: Content that involves a strong depiction of illegal, reckless, or imitable behavior or that may pose a health risk will not be used.
Questions? Contact FA Standards & Practices
5809 Big Canyon Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80528 email@example.com