Last Update 1/22/2016
Getting to know you
We collect and store a variety of information submitted by you to FA or obtained by FA in the ways described below. Some of the information is “personally identifiable information” and some is not.
What Is "Personally Identifiable Information?” Information that identifies you, such as your name, email address, image, company name/title, or any other information that can be used to identify you when combined with other information, is "personally identifiable information." (“PII”)
What Is NOT PII? Information we can gather from your visit that doesn't identify you personally, like your IP address, your operating system, your browser type and language, the date and time of your visit, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the Site, your geographic region, the type of content you view, etc. is not considered PII. We may gather this information by assigning your computer one or more cookies that may collect information about how you use the Site; we may use standard internet tools, such as web beacons or cookies, which collect non-PII and track your use of our website.
When Do We Ask for PII?
- In order to access content from FA, at registration you may be asked to enter PII using forms on the FA website.
- FA may ask you for other PII from time to time, such as contact information (like your mailing address), or demographic information (like your zip/postal code or region, hometown, gender, or education level). We may ask for this information from you in order for you to use the Site for the purposes disclosed to you at the time such other PII is collected.
- When you leave us feedback or request support, we will collect any information that is contained in your feedback or support request.
- When you contact us by sending us an email, we will collect your email address and any information contained in the email you send us.
- When you purchase products or services from us, we may collect the information necessary to complete a business transaction.
Do I Have A Choice? Some basic PII is required to access selected content. Required and optional fields are noted on the webforms.
What we do with your information
How Do We Use PII? We use the PII we request at registration in order to provide you with the services offered on the Site. In addition:
- FA does not sell or distribute your information to third parties who do not already possess an existing legal right to the information.
- Our employees have access to your account data when needed to help provide the services of our site.
- FA may disclose your PII: (a) when we are legally required to do so; (b) to protect the interests or safety of FA or Site users; (c) to another company if we are bought, or if we discontinue operations.
How Do We Use Your Email Address? FA will use your email address to contact you to inform you about additional content that is available or otherwise assist you in your use of the services. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving emails simply follow the instructions in the email regarding same or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
How Else Do We Use Your Information?
- In general, PII you submit to us is used by us to provide products and services to you, respond to requests that you make, and to improve our product offering and to offer you additional information, opportunities, and functionality. We may also use your PII to provide you with electronic newsletters or promotional emails, should you request to receive such communications from us.
- Our site collects anonymous aggregate data and we may choose to make some of this data public. Our site gathers anonymous aggregate data like web statistics and demographics statistics on our users. This data may be used to help us run our business, attract advertisers/investors, and measure the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. We may choose to share or publicize certain anonymous aggregate data about our site. However, because this data is anonymous and in summary form, no advertisers or third parties could ever contact you because of this.
- FA will target advertising based on some personal information provided by users and inferred from site usage. This may include gender, age, or geographic data. FA does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- We may bundle and share the non-personal information we collect from you and other users with advertisers, third parties, trusted partners and affiliates so that they display advertising that better suits the interests of users of our Site. We may aggregate your PII with information about others. In that case we will make your information non-personally identifiable by removing your name and other characteristics that would identify it as you. We may use and/or share the resulting non-PII with third parties.
Do We Use Analytics Companies? We may provide some non-PII to others who help us understand how you use the Site.
Ad Postings. The Site may feature ads, including ads served by others to our Site. These advertisers and ad servers may place or utilize their own unique cookies, pixels or web beacons, and may collect non-PII about your visit to the Site, such as your IP address and the number of times you have viewed the ad. FA is not responsible for the collection of these cookies and is not responsible for what the ad service providers do with the information they collect. In addition, FA uses every effort to ensure that ads on the Site comply with its Broadcast Standards and Practices. However, we are in no way responsible for the content of an advertiser’s website if you choose to click on an advertisement.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
While FA has security measures to help protect the information under our control, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- FA tries to protect your personal information and ensure the security of your communications on our systems, by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such information) designed to protect it against unauthorized use, disclosure or access of the personal information we collect on this Site. We do our best to secure your data through the programming of our application and by using industry-standard technology. However, we cannot completely guarantee that no part of our system will ever fail or be compromised. If you ever suspect that our site has contributed to your personal information being compromised, please contact us immediately so that we can investigate and try to resolve the matter.
- Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from others by FA. Although FA tries to keep your information safe, it relies on the statements of those vendors regarding the safety and security of their storage equipment and services as part of its evaluation. By using the Site, you agree that FA is not responsible if the storage equipment and services provided by others aren't working like they are supposed to, and that you will have to seek any remedies from those providers, not FA.
Retention and Deletion. We keep your personal information only so long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, for the products and services that you are using, or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards, which meet these requirements. We destroy your personal information when it is no longer needed.